Ringier Data Technology Department is part of the Ringier Global Tech and Data Unit, driving our customer data platform "Star" (formerly known as Sherlock) for personalization, cross-brand recommendation, and monetization. To further accelerate the development and adoption of the award-winning data platform, the DataTech department is recruiting.
Your tasks● You work with various datasets from different Ringier companies in different business divisions across publishing and marketplaces and in different regions across continents
● You choose, improve, and apply various methods from statistics, machine and deep learning technologies in order to solve business problems
● You model the data of our users, their interests and online behavior in order to serve the business demands, and enable the future business models
● You work closely with our data engineering team and other cross-functional teams to develop prototypes for cross-portfolio use cases, and support the deployment of your models or algorithms into the cloud-native production environment
● You communicate and visualize the value of data by describing the findings or the way how techniques work to both technical and non-technical audiences
● You keep following closely research and engineering developments, like TensorFlow, Torch and Amazon Sagemaker, roll in the relevant technologies and methodologies to keep our modern technology landscape up to date
Your profile● You have a degree (MS, Ph.D.) in computer science, statistics, mathematics or a comparable degree program
● You have a strong record in applying Machine Learning to real-world datasets in a productive environment and are familiar with the main ML frameworks (TensorFlow, Torch, XGBoost, LightGBM, ...)
● You have deep knowledge of the latest advances in the NLP domain.
● You have experience in software development and are confident with developing the full ML model lifecycle from research to production ensuring aspects such as reproducibility and scalability (git, dvc, Docker, Kubernetes, TensorFlow Serving, ...)
● Relevant industry experiences in media or e-commerce are a plus
● Full professional proficiency in English. German is a plus
● Knowledge about Amazon Web Services is a plus
● A conscientious, structured and independent way of working completes your profile
Your benefits with us
The in-house staff restaurant cooks fresh and balanced meals daily at good value for money. Free coffee, tea, mineral water and fruit are available.
Sixteen weeks' maternity leave and four weeks' paternity leave with full pay. Contribution to childcare costs.
We encourage mobile and flexible working, part-time work and job sharing wherever possible. Five weeks' annual leave as standard. There is also the option to purchase an additional 10 days of annual leave.
You work in a lean, agile and highly motivated team and we offer you computing power to develop your hobby projects.
The Pressehaus building in Zurich is situated in an attractive location in the heart of Zurich's Seefeld quarter, just five minutes' walk from the lake.
Ringier AG is an innovative, digitalised and diversified Swiss media company operating in Europe, Asia and Africa. Its portfolio includes around 110 subsidiaries in the print, digital media, radio, ticketing, entertainment and e-commerce sectors and leading online marketplaces